I’ve had some readers ask or comment with things like:
“Do you expect me to start eating tofu or stop eating pizza?”
“Cause I can’t give up pizza.”
My CARROT INBOX fills up with questions like this and I LOVE IT! Cause I’m a bit CHATTY and I have nothing goin on. Kidding.
Actually, I needed a break from the kitchen, somebody made a mess in there!?
While I don’t expect anyone to give up anything, I do want to push YOU past the comfort zone of foods such as: Brown rice, Pasta, Captain Crunch cereal, Lean cuisines, and Ramen noodles.
But I assume you’re here for hopefully more than one reason:
- You’re BORED of those foods!
- You just like me (sweet)
- You want to COOK, even a little
- The thought of one more can of Chef Boyardee Spaghettios (Oh my god I ate those as a kid! Used to fight over the meatballs with my brother!) might lead you to insanity or the doctor (what’s in that stuff?).
I’ve decided to embark on a new series, that might become videos, not sure yet.
And I expect that while you’re reading or listening…
My JEDI mind tricks will make you WANT to try something new,
ask another question cause you’re still completely perplexed as to why you should eat SPELT (click here for yummy recipe!).
On a positive note, I don’t expect you to try SPELT, because if you’ve noticed, I make some pretty traditional recipes, I just add my personal fairy dust to them.
Oh, and I like pizza just like the next person, but eating pizza every day is NOT an option.
NO QUESTIONS ARE STUPID, POINTLESS, OR ANNOYING.
So feel free to ask a question email@example.com OR in the COMMENT section of this post!
FIRST QUESTION IS:
Q1: Do you eat REAL food or just foods like tofu, soybeans, sprouts and beans?
A1: YES, I eat real food, but my version of real food might be different from yours.
- REAL food to me means WHOLE FOODS (NOT the grocery store folks, though I’m obsessed with Whole Foods). Whole foods are those that come in their most natural form. Foods that look like what they are supposed to.
Fruit Loops aren’t FRUIT and Fig Newton’s aren’t just FIGS. You get my point right?
- While I enjoy the occasional treat (I have a sweet tooth, not so much salty), I believe all foods can and should be ENJOYED!
- Life’s too short to follow a list of GOOD and BAD foods.
- Yes, eating cheesecake all day is sort of BAD but we already know that. If you eat REALLY good foods (yes I’m referring to fruits, veggies, grains) than you might be surprised at the loss of some of those cravings for junky, crappy foods.
- However, if you read my BIO you already know that I eat the cookie, cupcake or pizza when I want it! Otherwise you might set yourself up for the feeling of deprivation, then secretly shovel food down your throat when nobody is looking.
- I don’t expect you to do an extreme makeover. Remember that super BAD haircut you got (we all had at least one) and how it took at least a few months if not a year to grow back? Well changes take TIME and I don’t believe in one size fits all (which by the way, one size NEVER fits all).
- Try eating foods that don’t have LONG ingredient lists attached to them for starters.
- READ CSPI’s Ten WORST Foods, also read Anne Marie Colbin’s article on “Why Should we Eat Whole Foods?” . She’s a true pioneer in the field and the founder of the Natural Gourmet Institute (where I often take classes).
- If you’re dying to have that slice of pizza, cookie or mac n cheese, eat it, then move on!
- If you JUST ate and probably aren’t hungry…READ THIS (CLICK)
- Always set realistic goals. Iron Man is probably not realistic for someone who can’t get off the couch to make an omelette. Need help setting goals? READ THIS (CLICK).
So until next time….ENJOY YOUR FOOD!
What’s your HEALTHY FOOD PHILOSOPHY?
How do you dodge the doritos or simply enjoy a treat?