You didn’t think my adventures with pumpkin had ended, did you? I still had pumpkin puree hanging around. And I guess it’s time to clean up the Halloween decor. Boo. So what does a girl do? Make a smoothie of course! I know, it’s cold outside, but this is a deliciously sweet treat you can have instead of camping out in front of the TV eating all the leftover Halloween candy (of which I had tips for what to do with!). It’s actually more of a meal since I use protein powder. I had mine after my run.
Serves: 1 (one humongo portion, maybe share?)
- 1 Frozen Banana (chunks)
- 6-8 ounces Almond Milk (or other milk, alternative of your choice)
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin puree-this can be individual, you may need less or more pumpkin, PLAY! (remember, I said make your own, but if you have the canned stuff you might as well use it)
- 2 tablespoons plain/non-fat Greek yogurt OR (I’ll use Stonyfield’s Fat Free Vanilla)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1-2 scoops Protein powder (Teras Whey-I use vanilla bourbon flavor)
- 1 T Chia seeds
- Pumpkin Pie Spice- to taste! (cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves on their own is also a choice)
Combine all ingredients in the blender. Whirl it around until well mixed. Serve in a Beer Glass?
Slurp Slurp Slurp.