Let’s just appreciate the perfect little blueberries all nestled in that scrumptious smoothie, as though they’re taking an afternoon dip. I’m about to guzzle, I mean take a sip of this treat, I managed to take photos for all of you first. Oh, and if you were wondering, Yes, I always drink a smoothie in a martini glass. It makes me feel fancy. So put down the pint of Ben and Jerry’s and make a smoothie! Okay, sometimes you need the ice cream, but part of my mission here is to empower you to choose more whole foods (foods that aren’t processed in a lab). This recipe has loads of antioxidants, protein, and nutrition all jammed into one glass. Don’t give into one of the impostors which can potentially be loaded with sugar. Try this next time you’re in a morning rush and need a portable breakfast or just worked out and need something quick that delivers a burst of energy.
Serves: 2 (or 1 and it’s more like a meal)
- 1/4 cup Ice (crushed or cubed-play around pending on the consistency you like- I only have cubes handy)
- 6 ounces almond Milk (Almond Breeze-Vanilla Unsweetened)
- 1-2 Tablespoons Light Coconut Milk
- 1 small banana (frozen chunks or fresh)
- 1-2 Tablespoons yogurt (I used nonfat, vanilla greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup frozen berries (I used a mix of blackberry, strawberry and blueberry)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 scoops Whey protein powder (My favorite-Tera’s Whey-bourbon vanilla flavor)
Add Ice cubes and almond milk together in a blender. Blend for a few seconds to combine. Add next 5 ingredients until smooth and creamy. Garnish with a few berries on top-they like to swim. ENJOY!